BLOVET’s FIRST AWARD , KL TRIP & A Seductive Look!
THANKS SO MUCH.
I’ve been away in KL with a dear friend and when I got back , I opened my email and found that Smoking FIFI gave me an AWARD!!!
I am squealing with delight
She is so
Oh since Fifi did ask, my actual name is Lane. I usually prefer to go by blovetbeauty for convenience sake. I’ve also made the assumption that only close friends of mine read this blog hence there’s been very little need for me to share my personal background.. So, for those of you who don’t know me and are interested, here goes:
5 Basic Facts about ME
1) I have a makeup artistry diploma from Cosmoprof. Nobody could really understand my obsession for makeup… Hehehe I don’t blame them.
2) I am 24, going 25 this year. My field of study was in business administration. A very general degree that I truly regret , because it didn’t turn me into anything amazing. I have a study loan that I am paying back and I hate it cause I was hardly in school. I love marketing and promotions and those were the only subjects I excelled in. ( wow, I so exceeded one fact here )
3) I work in a family rennovation business and have since discovered an insatiable love for aesthetics.
4) I am married to an IT nerd. A very good one at that. I married at 22 and shocked everyone. Even my mommy. Hahaha
5) I’ve been told I have a very stuck up look. Get to know me before you judge me. First impressions are bull shit & there’s time to hate me later on
Taking a short trip up to KL in a coach was a really fun (good company) , yet painful experience (6-7 hour ride gave me a backache).
We stayed in Swiss Garden Hotel ( pretty clean & new):
We scoured the malls – Sungei Wang, New Times Square and Lot 10 in KL and I just had to visit their Guardian & Watson for a peek. Guess what, these lucky buggers have KATE selling in most of their pharmacies. That’s completely easy access to such wonderful makeup.
After walking around in Malls, we took a trip to Chinatown. It was a nice change from the concrete jungle. Here’s what I picked up on a small budget:
Seductive Eyes with
Mineral pigments are not only free from all the fragrances and preservatives found in most beauty products but are extremely versatile and can create intense and vibrant eye looks.
Mineral Makeup Tips:
* Since they come in a powder form and can be get messy when in a rush, I like to “make them stick” them with Coastal Scents EZ Prez
* Always use an Eyeshadow or Makeup Base prior to using minerals, as they are very finely milled and adhere better to a sticky surface
* Give MAD Minerals , Coastal Scents or Everyday Minerals a try. They are very efficient when it comes to shipping and have a large assortment of colors.
* For sensitive skin types, do not fret. Mineral Cosmetics can be used with minimal irritation for the eyes, cheeks, skin, nails and they are so so easy to use.
Steps by Step Seductive Eye with
First step before putting on any color is to prime the lids. Here, I used Sephora’s Colorful Duo Creamy eyeshadow. The beige-y color lends a hint of shine to the eye area. Also, it adds as a holding base to enhance the vibrancy of the mineral pigments.
Secondly, armed with my trusty coastal scents blending brush, softly blend in a sooty green pigment on the double eyelid area, keeping close to the eyelids and not exceeding the crease.
With the same brush, blend a light blue color to the bottom lid
Using MAC Pigment ( i forgot the name of this cause it was a sample ), apply and blend very close to bottom lash line. It shouldn’t cover the blue pigments completely.
Using my fingertip, I blend a gold-ish pigment on my brow bone. Gold complements my skin tone better than a shiny blue-ish white .
Blend the darker pigment well into the crease in a back and forth motion or tiny circular motion
Blend a lighter color near the tear duct area, to open up the eyes
-Line water line with a dark pencil
-Curl & Mascara
Lips are kept sheer & moist
* Add blusher & tons of
mascara for extra OOmph!
thanks for all ur comments and for reading my makeup ramblings